Work Package 4: Antibiotic Stewardship Programme
Work package 4 has the following objectives:
1. Develop evidence based antibiotic stewardship interventions to be implemented in the clinical study in work package 1.
2. Asses the effectiveness of antibiotic stewardship interventions based on patient case mix and most prevalent antimicrobial-resistant pathogens.
3. Test the integration of antibiotic stewardship recommendations with measures implemented in the infection prevention and control and microbiology and diagnostic stewardship availability.
4. Develop recommendations for clinical management strategies of severe infections caused by antimicrobial-resistant bacteria.
5. Provide clinical and epidemiological data to inform cost modelling to define the effectiveness of the stewardship modules by hospital setting and available resources, and define transferability including low-and-middle-income countries.